The University Hospital Leipzig (UKL) is again one of the best hospitals in Germany this year. In the new "Clinic List 2021" of the news magazine "Focus", which was published on October 20th, the UKL again occupies an excellent sixth place among 100 clinics and was therefore able to maintain its position. Only the Berlin Charité as the overall winner and the university hospitals in Heidelberg, Schleswig-Holstein, Dresden and Munich (LMU) rank ahead of the UKL.
The rankings are determined by extensive investigations by an independent research institute commissioned by the magazine. Case numbers, treatment successes in operations and complication rates are included in the evaluation. The technical equipment, the number of doctors and the qualifications of the nursing staff were also checked. Participation in quality initiatives, patient satisfaction and hygiene standards are also very important. How external doctors rate the UKL and how often they recommend it also plays a major role.
31 departments of the UKL are included in the recommendation lists of FOCUS Gesundheit - 15 of them even in the top group of the respective clinical picture:
Risk birth, skin diseases, diabetes (adult and pediatric), pediatric surgery, colon cancer, leukemia, nuclear medicine, prostate cancer, radiotherapy, bariatric surgery, stroke, trauma surgery, spine surgery and depression.
17 clinics and facilities of the UKL are named as TOP clinics - sometimes several times:
- Department of Obstetrics
- Clinic and polyclinic for dermatology, venereology and allergology
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Endocrinology, Nephrology, Rheumatology
- Gynecological Clinic and Polyclinic
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Haematology, Cell Therapy and Haemostaseology
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Pediatric Surgery
- Clinic and polyclinic for oral, maxillofacial and plastic facial surgery
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Neurosurgery
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Neurology
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Nuclear Medicine
- Clinic and polyclinic for orthopaedics, accident surgery and plastic surgery
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Clinic and Polyclinic for Radiation Therapy
- Clinic and polyclinic for urology
- Clinic and polyclinic for visceral, transplant, thoracic and vascular surgery
- Dentistry and Periodontology Polyclinic
"We have succeeded in confirming this excellent sixth place among the national TOP 100 - we are very pleased with this great result," said Prof. Christoph Josten, Medical Director of the University Hospital Leipzig. "In this year, which is very unusual due to the corona pandemic, this is a welcome confirmation of the hard work done by our doctors and all employees from other areas who have contributed to this very good ranking."
Source: Leipzig University Hospital press release from October 23.10.2020, XNUMX